Critical Illness Cover
Critical Illness Cover is designed to pay out a lump sum on diagnosis of a specified illness. Sourcing the right policy is not based on price alone as the definition of illnesses covered and the features offered by each insurer can vary significantly.
With advances in medical science, many of the illnesses incurable ten or twenty years ago can now be treated. It is now quite normal for sufferers of heart attacks, cancer or strokes for example, to survive for several years. However, an individual's financial situation is often badly affected post critical illness as although an individual might return to work, it is very common to opt for a less stressful career or a job that requires working fewer hours.
As well as the need for income, there is invariably a separate need for a cash lump sum to bolster financial plans to:
- Clear the balance of a mortgage
- Pay for specialist medical care (perhaps abroad)
• Convert a home (e.g. to accommodate a wheelchair)
- Purchase a more suitable vehicle
- Purchase specialist medical equipment
- Provide the option for a person to give up work to take care of them
- Provide cash resources for single people to retain their independence from their parents.
We can advise and recommend on an appropriate level of cover to suit an individual’s circumstances. Our fully equipped brokerage service compares all available plans on the market from all life offices to ensure the best possible plan is selected for a client's needs. We compare and consider metrics such as:
- Pay-out statistic’s
- Number of ABI conditions
- Number and scope of ABI+ conditions
- Financial Strength of the Insurer
- Underwriting Policy of Provider
- Trusts Available
For an initial enquiry or a comprehensive financial review please email email@example.com